VALHALLA, NY – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the FUJIFILM X-T5 digital camera (X-T5), the latest addition to Fujifilm’s innovative X-Series XT mirrorless digital cameras. Fujifilm brings its fifth-generation image sensor and processing technology to the X-T5 in a camera body that’s more compact than any of its three previous XT system camera models1.
The X-T5 is the latest camera in the X-series, equipped with Fujifilm’s new high-performance 40.2 megapixel X-TransTM CMOS 5 HR image sensor and the high-speed X-Processor 5 image processing engine. It also offers up to 7.0 stops2 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) and features a 3.69 million-dot EVF viewfinder with 0.8x magnification and dual SD card slots that deliver the highest image quality and resolution performance in history of the X series.
“X-T5 combines all fan favorites in one housing. This system offers IBIS in a compact and lightweight body – designed for the portability that is at the heart of our XT system. We are also reintroducing the 3-way tilt screen to create still images and videos from any position,” said Masato Yamamoto, General Manager, Imaging Solutions Division, FUJIFILM Corporation. “At Fujifilm, we continue to push the boundaries of camera technology with each new camera release. The X-T5 is no exception – it offers fantastic all-round performance for both stills and video.”
X-T5 features include:
image quality and resolution performance
• The new 40.2MP X-Trans CMOS 5 HR backlit image sensor and state-of-the-art image processing algorithm delivers advanced image resolution without compromising signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio. This image processing algorithm delivers excellent results full of detail across the entire native ISO range, which extends to ISO 125 at X-T5. In addition, the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot feature allows photographers to create super high-resolution 160MP images while capturing the subject recognizable – combined with automatic white balance, helps photographers of all skill levels create outstanding, high-quality images.
• X-T5 offers 19 film simulation modes including “Nostalgic Neg.” characterized by high saturation and soft tonality. Creators can use film simulation presets that mimic photographic film for different subject types and scenes. X-T5 supports the HEIF image format, which delivers 10-bit image quality in files up to 30% smaller than standard JPEGs.
Hardware, design and usability that powerfully support users’ content creation
• The X-T5’s In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) system works in five axes, combating all types of camera shake and offering up to seven stops of compensation, allowing 20 frames to be continuously frozen with a single click of the shutter button. The special “Pixel Shift Combiner” software processes the captured frames into an image with around 160 million pixels.
• A maximum electronic shutter speed of 1/180,000s is now also available for photographers who want to freeze subjects moving at high speeds. The 1.84 million dot 3-way tilt LCD makes it easy for users to create in a vertical position or at waist height.
• The new sensor offers a large number of phase-detection pixels for impressive AF-S focusing on a subject with high frequency and precise autofocusing in situations such as landscapes and portraits. Also, the AF prediction algorithm provides stable focusing in AF-C mode.
• Equipped with a high-magnification EVF with 3.69 million dots and 0.8x magnification, the viewfinder offers optimal suppression of parallax and distortion, which typically occur when the eye position changes during use of the viewfinder.
• The classic X-Series design has been retained with ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation dials – quick and easy to set, even when the camera is off. Weighing just 1.23 lbs. (557g) 3, X-T5 is 50g lighter than the previous FUJIFILM X-T4 digital camera model and is perfect for a variety of photographic genres, from street/documentary photography where mobility is a requirement, to landscape and portraiture that require a particularly high resolution. Portability coupled with the camera’s weather-resistant structure allows users to take the X-T5 with them in almost any weather condition.
With advanced video capabilities
• With powerful video capabilities, movies can be recorded internally at up to 6.2K/30p in 4:2:2 10-bit colour. In addition, in 4K HQ mode, 6.2K recordings are oversampled for superior 4K output. X-T5 supports F-Log2, which records an extended dynamic range of more than 13 stops – a range larger than that of the current F-Log – for extremely wide post-production potential.
• In combination with an ATOMOS HDMI device, the RAW video output of the X-T5 can be recorded as 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW with frame sizes of up to 6.2K and frame rates of up to 29.97 fps. And when combined with Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12Gs, the X-T5’s RAW video output can be recorded as Blackmagic RAW with frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97 fps.
• Hand Grip MHG-XT5 (Specially designed for X-T5): This hand grip makes it easier for the user to hold the camera when a large aperture lens is attached. The handle does not have to be removed to change a battery or SD card. In addition, the MHG-XT5 handle can be used as a plate, which is compatible with the Arca-Swiss quick-change system.
Prices and Availability
The X-T5 will be available in Black and Silver colors and is expected to be available in late November at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1699.95 Body Only ($2,299.99 CDN). The X-T5 digital camera with FUJINON XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS and FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR lens kits will also be available at a MSRP of $2,099.95 ($2,839.99 CDN) and $2,199.95 ($2,969.99 CDN). respectively.
1 Compared to the overall outer dimensions of the FUJIFILM X-T2, FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-T4 digital cameras
2 With FUJINON XF35mmF1.4 R lens attached
3 Weights include battery and memory card
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary. The Imaging Division provides photographic products and services to consumers and commercial customers including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment and service and support; personalized photo products; Movie; disposable cameras; and the popular INSTAX™ line of instant cameras and accessories. The Electronic Imaging Division sells digital cameras, lenses and consumer content creation solutions, and the Graphic Systems Division provides products and services for the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinema, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, as well as binoculars and other optical imaging solutions. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products based on Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a variety of FUJIFILM products and services in Canada.
For more information, go to https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en/about/region, go to https://www.twitter.com/fujifilmus Follow Fujifilm on Twitter or go to https://www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to like Fujifilm on Facebook.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, uses its extensive knowledge and proprietary core technologies to create value through innovation with its products and services in the healthcare, materials, business innovation and imaging business areas. Our relentless pursuit of innovation focuses on creating social value and improving the lives of people worldwide. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. More information on Fujifilm’s Sustainable Value Plan 2030 can be found here.
For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022, the company had global sales of approximately 2.5 trillion yen (US$21 billion at an exchange rate of 122 yen/dollar). For more information, visit: https://www.fujifilmholdings.com.
FUJIFILM, X-TRANS and FUJINON are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation and its subsidiaries. APPLE and all other third party brands, names and trademarks referenced herein are the independent properties of their respective owners and use herein is not intended to imply endorsement of FUJIFILM products.
©2022 FUJIFILM North America Corporation and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.