Global autonomous military aircraft market
DUBLIN, Nov. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Added Autonomous Military Aircraft Global Market Report 2022, By Technology, Type, Component ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The global autonomous military aircraft market is expected to grow from US$4.75 billion in 2021 to US$5.15 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%. The market is expected to reach $6.66 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 6.6%.
The main technology types of autonomous military aircraft are remotely operated, semi-autonomous and autonomous. The various aircraft types include fighters, bombers, reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft, airborne early warning aircraft and others and the components used are flight management computers, air data inertial reference units, sensors, actuation systems, software, intelligent servos, cameras, radars & transponders and propulsion systems. A fighter aircraft is a fixed-wing aircraft designed for aerial combat against other aircraft.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the autonomous military aircraft market in 2021. Western Europe is projected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period. The regions covered in the report are Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
Increasing government funding for defense equipment such as autonomous military aircraft to increase efficiency in military operations increases demand in the market. For example, in 2019 the UK government allocated US$152.3 million (£125 million) to support research into new technologies for autonomous aircraft. Therefore, increasing government spending on autonomous military aircraft is a key factor driving the market.
The biggest limitation of autonomous military aircraft is their vulnerability to jamming and spoofing. Securing GPS signals to ensure they cannot be tampered with by enemy forces is GPS’s inherent liability for jamming and spoofing and presents a major challenge. In particular, communication links between the controller and the autonomous military aircraft are extremely vulnerable and difficult to achieve the required accuracy due to navigation errors. Because of this, the plane is misdirected and becomes either useless or a threat to their personal equipment. In 2019, Russian forces were involved in jamming GPS systems in the Middle East, impacting US forces massed in the region ahead of possible attacks on Iran. Such factors are expected to impact the demand for autonomous military aircraft and may hamper the growth of the market.
Autonomous military aircraft companies strive to embed artificial intelligence (AI) and specialize in developing software, including machine learning and AI, which are core capabilities of these advanced systems. The ability of a system to use sensor data input to decide the most appropriate action to fulfill the intent for the operation by making guesses without human input can be achieved through AI technology.
Edge processing eliminates the need for aircraft to send information to the cloud, allowing it to achieve higher performance, information security, and autonomy. The US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) seeks to advance artificial intelligence technologies for individual and team air combat tactics.
1) By technology: remote controlled; semi-autonomous; Autonomous
2) By type: combat aircraft; Bomber; reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft; airborne early warning aircraft; Other
3) By components: flight management computer; Air Data Inertial Reference Units; sensors; actuation systems; Software; intelligent servos; cameras; Radars & Transponders; drive systems
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
3. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market Trends and Strategies
4. Effects of COVID-19 on autonomous military aircraft
5. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market Size and Growth
6. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market Segmentation
7. Regional and country analysis of Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
8. Asia-Pacific Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
9. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market in China
10. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market in India
11. Japan’s autonomous military aircraft market
12. Australian Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
13. Indonesian Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
14. South Korea Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
15. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market in Western Europe
16. UK autonomous military aircraft market
17. Market for autonomous military aircraft in Germany
18. Autonomous military aircraft market in France
19. Autonomous military aircraft market in Eastern Europe
20. Russian autonomous military aircraft market
21. North America Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
22. US Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
23. South America Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
24. Brazilian autonomous military aircraft market
25. Middle East Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
26. Autonomous Military Aircraft Market in Africa
27. Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles in the Autonomous Military Aircraft Market
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the autonomous military aircraft market
29. Future outlook and potential analysis for autonomous military aircraft market
Lockheed Martin Corp.
Israeli Aerospace Industry (IAI)
Dassault Aviation SA
United Technologies Corporation
General Dynamics Corporation
China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc.
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4avbzq
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900